Cheat Sheet — Developers, unite! Have your voice heard
This is a cheat sheet focusing on the Developer Nation 23rd survey wave, giving you all the key details to make the most out of your experience:
11+ years of surveying developers.
The Developer Nation survey has been measuring the preferences, needs and wants of developers for more than 11 years. It’s a dynamic survey where each participating survey taker will have a unique path, based on their own background and experience.
The Developer Nation Community will be launching its 23rd survey wave on June 2, 2022 in English. On June 9, the survey will be available in all other languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese Traditional + Simplified, Korean, Russian and Japanese.
Who is it for
Developer Nation is borderless! Everyone’s welcome!
The Developer Nation survey is global and open to all. In the previous edition, more than 20,000 developers and creators of all levels — from students to hobbyists and seasoned professionals — from 160+ countries, shared their views.
We want to hear your opinion if you see yourself as a developer, software engineer or tech creator involved in Web, Mobile, Desktop, Cloud, DevOps, Industrial IoT & Consumer Electronics, AR/VR, Apps/extensions for 3rd party ecosystems, Games, Machine Learning & AI, and Data Science.
If you nodded at any of the above areas or descriptions, this survey is for you. Keep reading for the benefits of participating or start now.
There are several benefits for those who take the survey. Some of these are:
By participating, developers can win amazing prizes and unlock more as they proceed, including a complimentary virtual goody bag packed with free resources.
Premium access to information
Understanding the trends can be paramount to developers’ next career move. We share the results, data and ecosystem insights with the participants and tech organisations who use the data to improve their developer offerings.
Giving back and helping others
For each qualified survey response, we will donate USD $0.10 to a charity of your choice. Our goal is to reach USD $1,800+ in donations. Take the survey, pick a charity to support, and help us make a difference.
What’s different this time
Every wave is a new opportunity to give developers what they want. Here’s the latest benefits we introduce in this 23rd wave:
- Weekly prize draws, including everyone who signs up to take the survey. We will be sharing live updates with the prize winners during the survey so make sure to check back here. We also email anyone who wins, so check your inbox too.
- Special Prizes to be drawn for everyone taking the survey in the first 48 hours (2 winners: Nintendo Switch & iPhone 13).
- A new way to reward participants: the more questions you answer the more chances you get to win. A participant’s name will be included multiple times in draws depending on the number of questions answered.
- Prizes include: Nintendo Switch, iPhone 13, Xiaomi RedMi 11, Samsung Galaxy S22, Amazon Echo Dot 4th Gen, Premium Subscriptions and Licences, Vouchers for online courses and tutorials, Gift cards and vouchers for Amazon, Spotify, Apple Store, Google Play, cash to fund your development projects or towards the gear you need up to $1,000 USD and many more prizes drawn every week.
- Everyone who completes the survey will receive a virtual goody bag filled with free subscriptions, discounts and vouchers.
You read this far, which should mean you’re interested. Why not start the survey and share your views on key topics only developers can understand? If you’re short of time, you can save your progress and continue later (you’ll need to sign up to save).
Are you creating for AR/VR?
There is an additional, exclusive, survey dedicated to Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality creators, with the same benefits. AR/VR creators can share their reality views using this link.